Thursday, July 24, 2008

Entertainment Anyone?

Card of the Day....Dinner and a Show

Then Magic by Penn & Teller

But First, we needed to eat...so what better place to eat then at the Bellagio at OLIVES, Todd English's restaurant. The food was amazing and the view was even better. We could see the water show from our balcony seats. The other thing I loved was the design of his restaurant. Black, orange, browns and coppers. Dan & I decided that we are doing our home office like OLIVES.


The water show set to music....B-E-A-utiful!


We did some more sight-seeing and then headed back to the Venetian for a gongola ride. Romantic XOXO


Our personal love song through the tunnel of love. WE were told to kiss under the tunnel of love and then we would be together forever. We kissed a few times. =)

Then off to Excaliber for our dinner and a show...THE TOURNMENT OF KINGS!!! While we were waiting for the show to open, they had these old school arcade games that we decided to spend a few dollars on. We did some ski ball, the watergun in the hole to make our horses race across. I won a small giraffe. Then we went to do the ring toss. The prizes were crazy...ipods, digital cameras, guitars, crazy stuff. So Dan bought a buckle of rings, 72. Well after his 3rd ring toss, he got a bottle, and won me my very own 1G ipod. Very cool. Then I just threw the rings to get rid of them since Dan wasn't allowed to throw any more. Now...

Let the show begin. We sat in the Russia section, the herald announced..."We have a special announcement, sitting in Russia, Happy 30th Birthday to Daniel!" He was soooo embarrassed. FUN! So we had the King of Russia. We ate with our hands and enjoyed the show. HAZA!!!


Jousting...I had to sneak pictures so the other jouster is behind my Diet Pepsi.

THE KINGS! Ours was 2nd from the right

Very entertaining!


Then we were off to see the magic of Penn & Teller.

The show was very cool. They showed us how they do some tricks and then while they were showing you how, they would do something that would make you say "How'd they do that?"

Exhibit A - this woman was real and then they sawed her in half, blood splattered, and she turned into plastic. CRAZY!


They stood around after the show, took pictures, and signed autographs.


Penn is 6'7" - I was on my tippy-toes

A very happy birthday boy...see honey, turning 30 isn't so bad as long as you do it in style.

5 comments:

Kris and Sarah said...

Hey!! I didn't know you had a blog! What a cute little girl! Vegas...what a fun trip, I need a get-a-way. That's awesome. I would totally do your family pictures...I'm not that experienced but if your ok with that I would love it!

Corrine said...

I love your new blog theme! so very you!

I didn't know you saw Penn and Teller, I'm sure you told me but it was fun to see the photos. Who didn't you meet in Vegas? ;)

The Jousting looked amazing, even better than I pictured in my mind. And the gondola ride, I'm sure was romantic! I've never seen the water show in Vegas, I don't know how I keep missing it, but your photos do it justice I think!

Very creative and fun trip! I'm enjoying all of these blog posts!

Sicily

P.S. Your music widget is covering your post.

Heather and Aaron said...

I love the new look to your blog! I am so glad that your trip went to so well. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Now it's time to start planning our trip together for, oh let's say, 5 years down the road! Yeah, you know it will take that long for us to do it!

Unknown said...

Wow, Vegas looks like so much fun doing it your way! Your hubby's lucky he got such an amazin wife to plan all that for his birthday. I love the look of that Olives logo also, I bet the inside was great.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome birthday trip and how fun to do that together...alone! :) Take care you guys!